Thursday, March 4, 2010

KATIE VISITS

So I haven't exactly been updating. I'm sorry! But, once again, I haven't been sleeping either so it's justified I would say. Katie came to visit for her spring break (she leaves tomorrow and I will in all likelihood cry) and in the 6 or so days we had together I tried to show her as many of the Paris must-sees as possible. The only problem was I was in class for the best parts of the day. We worked around it pretty well though, and  I'm a little bit proud of us since we managed to wake up early every day and make it to: 
-The Eiffel Tower (of course)
-The Louvre
-d'Orsay
-Centre Pompidou
-Notre Dame/ Ile st Louis (Berthillon!!) 
-Montmartre/Sacre Coeur 
-L'arc de Triumph/Champs-elysees
-view from the top of Montparnasse

And we've ate and taken walks around the Tuileries & Luxembourg gardens, the Bastille area, as well as St. Michel, St. Germain and the Latin quarter. Plus shopping at Les Halles! 

Anyway, I will try not to be as spacey on here, but for the next week I'm making no promises. Tomorrow for example, we're leaving here by 8 am to get Kate to the airport, then I go straight to class at 12, then straight to the train station for London to see Kristen and Sam! Hope everything's going well back home, I'll talk to you soon I promise! 

Top of the Centre Pompidou

1 comment:

  1. living the fast life can be hard...but then there is the alternative...the slow lane. Keep going while you can! Check FTM for last weekends jibabbery.

    ReplyDelete